Monday, February 8, 2010

I Am With You

This is one of my favourite stories. My mom used to tell it to me whenever I used to be down. Somehow it still manages to lift me up.
There was a guy who always used to see 4 shadows for his 2 legs. He would wonder, "Two of them are mine, whose are the other two?" And his mother would say, "The other two legs that you see are of the God himself. Wherever you go he is with you". And the boy would be happy just believing that the God himself is with him.

The boy grew up to be a man and like every other mortal he was once surrounding with problems, grief and gloom. He looked down only to find that one set of shadows were no longer there. He could figure out two legs, just two of them. He was devastated and cried up to the lord himself. "How are you different than these people God. You also left me when I am in trouble?"

For the first time in his life, he heard the voice, "Son, you see my legs in the shadow. You are in my lap."

No comments:

Post a Comment